Okay, okay. I know. It's way too early to be thinking about Halloween, but this was, in fact, one of our conversation topics on the way to school Thursday morning.When you're conversing with an 8-year-old and a 7-year-old, with occasional inserts from a 4-year-old, the conversation is bound to be scattered and, well, ... odd. Hence, our discussion of Halloween costumes.
Hannah Kay and I were desperately trying to convince Hattie that dressing up like her principal would be a great idea. Mrs. McWhorter is a stylish, feminine-business kind of dresser, so we thought Hattie would make a fine-looking "Mini-Me" version of her. Hannah Kay and I were making all kinds of suggestions and plans as Hattie emphatically turned down every one of our ideas. She obviously had no interest in being the principal.
As we were just beginning to relinquish and forget the whole idea, Hattie piped up. "Well, actually, I DO know who I want to be for Halloween this year...," lingering that last syllable as Hannah Kay and I eagerly awaited the name of the mysterious costume inspiration. "I'd really like to be... DOLLY PARTON!"
I burst out laughing as Hannah Kay leaked out a sheepish giggle in the back seat. "WHAT?!?" Hattie cried. "I just love her hair... don't you???"
Needless to say, it wasn't Dolly's hair that had me stumped in my costume-designer mode. It was... well, you figure it out!
1 comment:
I have to say that it took me a minute to digest the picture...At first, I thought someone had entered our blog uninvited! I am not sure you want Hattie to see this, do you? Ha! I can't wait to see what she actually comes up with and how you get it together! She does look great in pink! Love her! Khaki
Post a Comment